Monday, June 27, 2011

Yay for successful dinners

I live with 8 other people so it is VERY rare to get alone and quiet time with my boyfriend. My some weird alignment of the universe the house was empty yesterday so we had a quiet romantic evening.

I made an awesome dinner (I don't he loved it. He likes dairy, meat and gluten of which this meal had none.) Really it was a meal my roommate Tamar would have loved.

Cheezy Rice Casserole (4-5 servings)
1 cup cooked rice
1 cup chickpeas
1 small butternut squash-peeled and chopped
1 small zucchini- chopped into small pieces
1 carrot- chopped into small pieces

Mix all ingredients into a casserole dish. Lightly coat with olive oil and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover and bake for an hour.

Cheez
.5 cup cashews
.5 cup soymilk
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs nutritional yeast ( add to taste)
1 tsp garlic powder
pepper to taste

Grind cashews in a coffee or spice grinder. Add all other ingredients and whisk. Add liquid (water or milk) for desired consistency. Add spices for desired taste.

I made the cheez without my food processor because I am missing my converter but that is what is recommended. Also you can add any veggies to flavor the cheez.

I then added the sauce to my rice and popped it back in for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment