Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sugar to the veins

Today I am tired and irritated. Yesterday I had sugared soymilk, cereal, peanut butter and went on a nutella binge (which led to my stomach exploding). Correlation?

My stomach and eating has been out of wack for a few days. I can't remember the last time I was genuinly hungry.

Anyway So I am tryign to clean up my eats. Obviously that didn't start with this morning. I was on and off  hungry so I started with warm lemon water. Then over the course of a few hours had an apple with peanut butter, a bowl of cereal and 2 rice cakes with peanut butter (unfortunatly the PB had sugar in it). Then I went all day feeling tired and irritable and super bloated. But 2:30 came around and I figued I should try to put soemthing in my body. I realized one thing I really love about smoothies is you get nourishment and it is easy to ingest and digest. I defintely feel less gross after having smoothies if I am already feeling full and bloated. So I made a variation on a pure2raw smoothies.

Avocado-Beet smoothie

water
1 lemon
half of a large avocado
1 small beet
1 tablespoon chickpeas
cinnamon

I put the water and lemon juice in my smoothie cup and blended it with the avocado and cinnamon. Then when the beet was ready added that and decided to throw in some soft chickpeas for a bit of protein. And since this is with a hand blender that can't do ice I popped a few cubes in to make it cold.

Currently thouroughly enjoying it. And it is hitting the spot for lunch.

Also this weekend I made the best salad I have ever made.

It was a Roasted Sweet Potato-Cauliflower and Lentil Salad. This recipe is in a quantity to feed 20 people.


5 or 6 sweet potatoes
1 head of cauliflower
2 cups black lentils (looked and tasted like green)
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Cinnamon


Chop the sweet potato into bite size pieces and coat with cinnamon and then lightly coat with oil. Spread out on to a baking sheet or other oven cook ware. cut up cauliflower to desired size and coat with balsamic vinaigrette and lay out on a baking sheet. Potatoes will cook for about 45 minutes  at 175C. Cauliflower is about 30 minutes depending on the consistency you want it to be.


Cook lentils according to package- usually take about a half an hour to an hour. (black closer to a half n hour  green, an hour.


After everything is finished and cooled mix in a bowl and put in it the fridge. Serve cold.


Sorry for the vagueness. I don't usual follow recipes or measurements but I will try to take note for the future.


YUM! (unfortunately I don't have a picture but I will make it again and take one then.)

 mini rice cakes

 sweet potato and red lentils

 almond honey flakes, branflakes, soymilk and iced coffee

 what i binged on

 avocado beet smoothies

No comments:

Post a Comment