Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back on track...sort of

Today was much although I think the heat is affecting my hunger levels.

Woke up in an awful mood and with a headache. It was one of those days that I should have gone back to sleep. But it was 8:30 and I had stuff to do today which ended up taking the better part of the day.

Got up and was snappy to pretty much everyone until I got some coffee in me. I also made a smoothie with spinach, kiwi, sunnut butter, and a nectarine. Yum. I realized smoothies are how I need to start my morning. I don't need food. I need liquid and smoothies have nutrients in them so its like a meal. Also because my hunger and schedule is all over the place the past few days I haven't been hungry right after the smoothies. So essentially it is my breakfast.

At around 12 I decided that maybe I was feeling a bit lightheaded because I was hungry even though my body wasn't signaling hunger in my stomach. So I had half a pepper that was stuffed with quinoa and lentil tomato sauce. and then I had way to much sauteed sweet potato and butternut squash. It was just so good I couldn't stop. And I kind of felt hungry. It certainly kept me full through the afternoon which I liked because I actually don't like snacking.

Also around dinner did not feel hungry, but felt good after I ate. S made an awesome veggie stirfry. Turns out, boy can cook. And then about an hour or so later felt little pangs of hunger. Had a little bit of the fruit crumble I made and then a rice cake with sunnut butter and dried cranberries.

In general sleeping patterns are awful. I guess I have deviated this blog from that which is funny cause of the name. I kind of want to change it but don't want to start all over. Oh well.

I have been enjoying my workout, though I want to get back to the gym. I have been doing variations on bodyrock.tv workouts. Today I did 50 seconds interval of jumping jacks, one leg weighted deadlifts, burpees and pushups. I was hot and tired after but definitely could have and should have done another set. Yesterday I was so tired after the workout it hurt to wash my hair. That's when you know it has been a good workout.

Random funny stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment